We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Grooming is about more than just looking good. Keeping your cat’s nails trimmed and coat brushed helps them feel better, strengthens the bond between you and your cat, decreases the size and frequency of hairballs and alerts you of any health concerns such as parasites, allergies, lumps and bumps and wounds.
At Avon Animal Hospital, we are happy to help you and your kitty plan for grooming needs via demonstrations on how to brush their coat and trim their nails. If your cat’s coat has become matted, we will perform basic spot de-matting and close shave downs (often referred to as the “lion cut” and done under general anesthesia). If you require professional grooming services, we recommend you research providers in your area to find one that best suits your needs.
What is your booking and cancellation policy?
If you would like to make an appointment, please give us a call. We will do our best to accommodate your preferred day, time and veterinarian. Additionally, because we know life gets busy, we will call you the day before to confirm your appointment. If needed, you can call us any time to reschedule. We appreciate as much notice as you can provide.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Wednesday, March 18, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed reception area” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to please call the number posted on our windows. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets and equine, as well as time-sensitive vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 7:30 pm. Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm and Sunday: CLOSED
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.